Webinars are still considered a winning tactic for countless companies. In fact, recent polls have shown that two-thirds of B2B marketers in the United States consider webinars effective marketing tools. Whether for brand promotion, product introduction or real-time presentations, webinars are only second to videos when it comes to effective content marketing. With this in mind, are these online tutorials still essential for training new employees or engaging with clients? Recent polls and studies say absolutely yes, and e-learning platforms such as Projections continue to soar in global popularity.
Webinars Are Still Vital
According to Percolate, 20 percent of U.S. marketing executives stated that their companies created webinars the previous year. While these video presentations were mainly based on product integration and client fulfillment, a number of webinars were dedicated to training in-house and remote employees across the globe.
According to industry experts, the advent of Internet technologies has made it easier to connect employers and staff for timely and optimal training sessions, through the use of tools such as the following:
- Voice-over-Internet-protocol (VoIP) communications
- Live or pre-recorded videos
- Online presentations
- Product demonstrations and text chats
Training webinars also incorporate lectures, workshops and e-learning tools that help employees understand a company’s directives and goals. Similarly, client webinars are designed to showcase new products and services, as well as discuss annual reports with existing and potential investors. These interactive services also serve as crucial networking platforms for clients and employees. In fact, webinars can even be used for team-building events that foster greater collaboration between departments.
There are several benefits to using webinars and virtual seminars for training staff. First, companies can save money on face-to-face training sessions for employees. Second, employees are able to freely communicate with all departments, as well as fellow workers. They can ask questions about policies, and share ideas and suggestions to increase productivity and performance. Third, webinars allow in-house and remote employees to access all training materials and documents anytime, and anywhere. Other benefits of employee training webinars include the following:
- Flexibility: Webinars are perfect for new employees that need to get better acquainted with a company’s goals and objectives. Similarly, these virtual meetings can extend to clients, investors, seasoned executives and shareholders.
- Cost-effectiveness: Webinars help employees and staff save money on commuting costs. Instead of going to in-office training sessions and meetings, employees simply need the right software and hardware components to access these virtual meetings from any location.
- Interactivity: Webinars offer the perfect platform for employees, staff and executives to interact. This saves time and allows everyone to be on the same page, which is especially important when launching new projects or products.